Event Submission Policy
Thanks for your interest in promoting your event in Temple. We are happy to help spread the word; but first, let's cover some housekeeping notes.
Discover Temple is part of the City of Temple’s Marketing & Communications Department and is funded through hotel occupancy taxes. As such, everything we do is geared toward bringing visitors to the Temple area. This means there are some stipulations on the events we promote. Please read the following guidelines before submitting your event.
Event Submission Policy Guidelines
• Only events within a 30-mile radius of Temple, Texas will be considered for inclusion.
• Events submitted must be open to the public and of interest to visitors.
• Events not eligible include camps, multi-week classes and workshops, library events/classes and workshops, sports league and recreational registrations, events such as conferences, meetings, and school-sanctioned functions that already have a built-in audience coming and don’t have a marketing need.
• Examples of events that are not acceptable include ‘members only’ events, local fundraising events, garage/estate sales, events whose intent can be publicly debated, and ‘going-out-of-business’ sales.
• Fundraisers and community events will not be considered for inclusion unless they have the potential to draw visitors to Temple.
What do we do with your events?
When you submit events to us, you are submitting them for consideration for use in the Discover Temple or Downtown Temple online calendar of events, promotional collateral, and social media outlets.
In addition, your events will be considered for inclusion in the Texas Events Calendar Magazine (quarterly publication), Texas Highways Magazine (monthly publication), www.traveltex.com, and www.texashighways.com.
Your submission of events to Discover Temple does not guarantee inclusion in any of these publications or websites.
If your event meets our guidelines, fill out the short form on our Submit an Event page. Inclusion in the events calendar is at the discretion of the Discover Temple Team.
We'll review and post your event shortly.
Courtney Pierce Destination Experience Specialist
Courtney Pierce specializes in crafting our blog content and building experiences for incoming visitors. Courtney strives to showcase all of the incredible attractions Temple has to offer like our expanding list of delicious restaurants, exciting things to do around the destination, and outdoor attractions.