Bundle up and bring your friends and family to downtown Temple for our annual Christmas Tradition!
This year the parade theme will be “12 Days of Christmas” Enter the parade. Applications available online October 1st at www.templeparks.com
Deadline for entries is Friday November 8th.
- 4:00 pm – 6th and 8th Streets closed for parade entries
- 4:30 pm – Come early to get a great seat in the bleachers in front of City Hall, visit the local shops for some early Christmas shopping, or enjoy a leisurely meal in any of our Downtown restaurants.
- 5:45 pm– No traffic allowed down Adams Avenue
- 6:15 pm– Mayor Tim Davis will light the Municipal Building’s holiday decorations and the City’s Christmas tree located in the municipal parking lot of City Hall (2 N. Main Street).
- 6:30 pm – Parade begins featuring over 100 illuminated entries.
- The parade takes approximately 90 minutes to traverse the entire route.
- 7:20 pm– Santa begins his trip down the parade route on a specially designed float.
The parade starts at the intersection of E. Adams Avenue and N. 8th Street
proceeds west along Adams Avenue, in front of the Municipal Building, all the way to North 23rd Street and then turns north and disbands at Temple High School. Total distance is 1.4 miles.
For more information call 254-298-5440.